And now the post you've all been
waiting for: Hobbiton. And by “you” I mean “me.” I've been
waiting for this. Yes, yes we have, precious.
Hobbiton was surprisingly large, with
two ponds, several hills and seventeen hobbit holes. Our guide took
us around from one spot to the next, pointing out which scenes had
taken place in which areas, and the lengths that the film crew went
to in order to get an “authentic” feel. For example, prior to
filming Peter Jackson had someone hang up clothes on the clotheslines
every morning, and take them off in the evening, so that they would
wear down little trails in the grass.
Some of the hobbit holes were
human-sized...
And others were hobbit-sized.
Bag-End!
My favorite hole was this one,
which belonged to Sam and Rosie Gamgee, because of the pink roses framing the door.
Yes, precious.



















Its so pretty - just how its supposed to look! Was there an interior to the Holes? I'm so thrilled for you that you finally got to be in Hobbiton!!!
ReplyDelete